Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy St Patty's Day

Thursday night the 7 Cardologists had a double celebration.  It was our St Patty's party but also it was Bob's birthday.  Tina made an excellent dessert - because Bob loves ice cream, and green is the color of the day - she made a peppermint ice cream brownie cake.  Yum.

Of course, in the rush I forgot to take a picture of Bob's birthday card.  Hope she'll be kind and take one for me.  Here is the card I made for St Patrick's day.  I also want to enter it in Virginia's View Challenge this month for the watercoloring.


I embossed gold shimmer cardstock with a Darice embossing folder, stamped and embossed a verse from My Sentiments Exactly on watercolor paper,  and painted a rainbow. A scrap of green paper, a shamrock button from my collection and a piece of gold thread finished the card.

May the leprechaun's be kind to you!  Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I really LOVE your card! Not only the gorgeous rainbow colors, but also the shimmery cardstock you used, the embossed strip, the shamrock with the golden thread, the saying - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous water-colored background!! Love the sentiment and the shamrock embellishments! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete